Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I have such a new respect for working moms. I just got back into the work world (which explains my recent absence) and it has been INSANE! . Waking up at 7 am, getting me and the 2 kids changed, fed, ready and in the car by 8:45 may sound easy but, trust me it is a little hectic. By 6pm I am on my way to pick them up from daycare only to eat dinner, give baths and be ready for bed by 7:30pm.

I went to bed Monday night feeling deprived of time with my children. It made me sad. But I can see the benefits that daycare has on them and I know that they are being well taken care of. I also feel that in some ways it is going to make me a better mom for them.

Whether you are a single parent, stay at home mom, working mom or a soon to be mom...my hat's off to you. Take care of those kids and keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Molly said...

It's not easy being away all day, but you are amazing for being able to pull it all together on your own. You are an amazing mom. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It is hard and there are going to be days when you think "I don't want to do this anymore. I want to be home with my kids." But I know you can do it! You are so much stronger than I am and a great mom!