Thursday, July 15, 2010

So I'm starting the potty training adventure. I am requesting lots of prayers, crossed fingers, positive thoughts and any other thing you all can send my way.

So far I think I have the essentials:

* Potty training book for my son to read

* "Potty Power" training video

* His own potty chair that has all the bells and whistles (sings, lights up and basically talks him through the whole process)

* A potty chair that goes on the "big boy" potty

* A step stool

* "Big boy" underwear

* Pull-ups

* A potty training doll (well we're using a bear)

* Potty Training for Dummies (for me)

Let me just start out by saying that I'm terrified to start this. There are so many unknowns that come with it. Who knows how he will react, or how I will react or how much work it will be and are we both ready for that work. Yes, I tend to over think things...


He is showing all the signs of readiness...

So I plan to start this adventure in a month. By then our vacation will be over and he will be used to full time daycare.

Truth is, I think we are both going to need some help during this process so I thought I would include you all so you can give us some tips along the way. Advice or encouragement are always welcome :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

So how is it going? I'm afraid I have no tips for you. I still have a way to go before that stage!

Trinity said...

I'm starting in 3 weeks. But he just moved to a differnt room with older kids at daycare and they have been putting him on the potty. I think its going to be good. I'll keep you posted.

The Bitch Stopped Cooking said...

Good luck! You'll be changing lots of pee clothes, but keep at it! You will both do great.